END OF YEAR GIVING CAMPAIGN
We've officially launched our End of Year Giving Campaign as a final push to multiply our impact in the lives of young girls in the US and Kenya. Our campaign will run from now until December 31st, and our goal is to raise $7,000! All funds will go toward health education programming for 2018. Please help us reach our goal by making a donation below.
Your donation will have a big impact. When you make a contribution, here is what your money provides for girls in the US and Kenya:
- $15 allows one girl to participate in our spring or fall workshop series
- $50 provides healthy snacks and materials for every girls in one workshop
- $200 covers healthy snacks and materials for an entire semester of workshops for a cohort of girls
- $300 covers transportation for one volunteer to conduct a workshop in Kenya for up to 250 girls
- $600 provides transportation for 2 volunteers to conduct workshops for more than 500 girls
- $1500 allows 100 girls to participate in a spring or fall workshop series
About Girls Health Ed:
Our mission is to empower girls worldwide to make healthy and informed choices. We do this through a workshop-based program with five modules covering the full spectrum of health education. Our modules are nutrition, body image, physical activity, personal care and hygiene, and reproductive health. By focusing on girls and young women who are not able to obtain information about their changing bodies from their school or home environments, we instill confidence through knowledge and ensure that girls walk away with a valuable reference they are able to use throughout their adult lives. We use health education to maximize the positive impact that girls and young women are able to have on their communities and empower them to change their lives for the better .
To learn more, watch this short video to learn about Girls Health Ed: